An endodontist is a dentist who specializes in the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases affecting the teeth. Endodontists receive extensive education in both general dentistry and specialized endodontic techniques. They are adept at using advanced technology to perform complex procedures to improve their patients’ quality of life. Root canal therapy is one of the most common procedures an endodontist performs.
They also help with:
- Diagnosis and treatment of tooth pain, such as performing a root canal on the affected tooth.
- Treatment infected teeth and dental pulp to reduce or eliminate discomfort and prevent further infection.
- Dental implants and related procedures to replace missing teeth and support crowns, bridges, and dentures.
- Cosmetic procedures, such as porcelain veneers, to change the color or shape of teeth.
- Bleaching to lighten discolored or stained teeth.